Each staff member at CREA plays an integral part to the success of the organization. Pahola, CREA’s Administrator, talks a bit about her role with the organization in the following interview.
1. What is your name?
My full name is Candy Pahola Amador Obando.
2. Where do you live and whom do you live with?
I live in the community of Limón 2, in the house of my mother-in-law.
3. What is your role with CREA?
I am the administrator of the organization, so I make sure we function under Nicaraguan law as well as work on the accounting.
4. Since when have you worked with CREA?
I have worked with CREA for one year (since day one), but with the people that make up CREA I have had the pleasure of working with them for about five years.
5. Did you ever think that you were going to have the career that you have now with CREA?
Sincerely, I never imagined and it never crossed my mind that I would be in this place.
6. What is it that you love about the organization?
What moves me is meeting so many people, some of whom are not from my country, and working together. Seeing the interest, love and commitment in helping our youth and children with resources that we, as children, didn’t have and now having it so our generation can access them so freely.
7. In your opinion, what are the strengths of CREA?
One of the main strengths of CREA is the committed people that are open to continuing this project for the growth of the organization: friends, staff and participants.
8. Why is the work and programming that CREA does important in the communities?
CREA is the dream of many parents, youth, and children. The presence of the organization opens doors of learning, collaboration, and personal and intellectual improvement.
9. When you think about the future, what do you think that we can achieve?
In the future, CREA will be the main place of learning and fun where people can come and feel comfortable. It is a place that inspires you to grow.
10. What is your dream for the future?
As Nicaraguans, we sometimes think that age is an obstacle to completing our dreams. CREA has awakened my drive to want to learn more, be a better person for my family and the people that need my help.